If you have baggies, ice and milk – you’ve got everything you need for an amazing culinary experiment!
It’s totally cool!
Get it? Cool . . . Because . . . ice cream . . .
Here’s a great summertime boredom buster!
Make five-minute baggie ice cream!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 gallon sized zip top bag
- 1 quart sized zip top bag
- 3 cups of ice cubes
- ½ cup of milk or half and half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of salt to go with the ice
- Start with one gallon size and one quart size zip top bag.
- Place three cups of ice cubes in the gallon sized bag. Set aside.
- Into the quart sized bag; pour one half cup of milk or half and half, one teaspoon sugar, and a quarter teaspoon vanilla. Make sure the quart sized bag is completely sealed.
- Place four tablespoons of salt and mix it with the ice in the gallon sized bag. Put the salt with the ice NOT in the cream mixture. I apologize to all the people who didn’t need that spelled out. Place the quart sized bag inside the gallon sized bag. Seal the gallon sized bag and shake, shake, shake! Shake the bags for 5 minutes.
- Your kiddies get a bit of a work out, too. Bonus!
- Open the baggie and – et voilà! We have ice cream. Really delicious ice cream.
You can eat your miraculous ice cream right out of the baggie, or get fancy and place it in a pretty dish. Palais Glassware® High Quality Clear Glass 8 Ounce Dessert Ice Cream Bowls, Set of 4
Add toppings as desired. I like a little chocolate syrup and almonds. But strawberries are nice, too.
What will you put in your amazing baggie ice cream?
If you’d like more than a single serving of ice cream you’ll like this – 2 ingredient ice cream
Ready for more summertime boredom busters?
Go here next! Top 10 Summertime Boredom Busters for Kids