This super quick and delicious family favorite can be on the table in the time it takes the pasta to cook. All the flavors of Beef Stroganoff in a fraction of the time.
Creamy and savory with lots of juicy hamburger, this noodle dish is comfort in a bowl.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter – divided
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 6 oz fresh mushrooms – sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ pounds hamburger
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 16 oz tub French Onion Dip*- you probably won’t use all of it.
- 1 (12 oz) bag egg noodles – I like whole wheat noodles
- Parsley to garnish – optional
Start salted water boiling for pasta on high heat.
In a frying pan on medium-high heat, add one tablespoon butter and sauté onion until translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
Cook the hamburger in the same pan, breaking it apart to cook quickly. Add a small amount of salt and pepper. Go easy because the onion dip is very well seasoned. To speed cooking time; pop a lid on the pan for a couple of minutes. Drain excess fat and liquid.
By now your water should be boiling, add egg noodles and cook according to package direction. Egg noodles only take 6 to 8 minutes to cook.
Add the onion mushroom mixture and the frozen peas to the beef and stir to combine. Then turn the heat OFF. Let it cool slightly.
Next add one cup (half the tub) French onion dip and stir to combine. If it looks dry add more onion dip until it looks good to you.
Drain the egg noodles, add butter and toss. Place the noodles on a serving platter or individual plates and top with the stroganoff mixture. Done!
* Diva Tip – You find the Onion Dip along the sour cream in the dairy case. It goes on sale frequently and keeps for weeks in the fridge for quick meals like this or as an instant sauce for just about anything savory. Of course, you can make your own with dry onion soup mix and sour cream.
Side Dish Ideas – Big green salad, dinner rolls, and microwave steamed broccoli or Normandy blend veggies.